Sunday 4 December 2016

Sunday December 4

A bright sunny morning with a light north-easterly breeze. Most of the pools /flashes were frozen solid, and this meant there were hardly any duck, just ten Mallard, and three Snipe which came up from the crop field.

In fact it was pretty hopeless all morning. A melanistic Pheasant vied with a flock of 76 Lapwings heading south to be the bird of the day.

Still, it was good light for photography. I noticed a photographic hide, presumably Mike Lane's, in the ridge field. His photos will undoubtedly be brilliant. Mine are more amateurish, but acceptable to me.

Fieldfares
Redwing
Chaffinch
Song Thrush
Blue Tit
The last couple were taken during half an hour of sitting in the car watching a hedge. I know its what you should do, but I can't see me having the patience very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment