Tuesday 30 August 2016

Tuesday August 30

The mist which accompanied me to Netherstead dissipated within five minutes of my getting out of the car leaving a sunny day with a very light breeze.

The best bird today was a Reed Warbler which showed occasionally along a hedge before posing briefly on top.

Reed Warbler
While I was waiting for the warbler to reappear, a Whinchat flew from the same hedge. Later on I found another Reed Warbler near the small pond 200 metres away, and another Whinchat in the Chat field. A Peregrine flew from a pylon and headed for Bannams Wood.

The watery areas were very poor, just 22 Teal, 21 Lapwings, one Green Sandpiper,  one Common Sandpiper, and eight Snipe.

A Painted Lady showed well in the weedy field.

Painted Lady
Finally, back at the Dragonfly Ponds I got good views of two Migrant Hawkers, my first this year.

Migrant Hawker


No comments:

Post a Comment