Monday 2 May 2016

Monday May 2

A quick early morning visit to take advantage of the still conditions and mild weather which arrived with the rain overnight. The southerly breeze was noticeably more obvious from 08.30 until I departed at 09.00.

I was relieved to see that there were a few differences from yesterday, the most obvious being the discovery of a female Redstart. This is the fourth Redstart here this spring, something of a record.

Redstart
There were at least two Wheatears still present, but all the Shelducks and the Little Ringed Plover had gone. A Sand Martin flew over, and there was a new Sedge Warbler calling at the little pond.

Back at the car my departure was delayed by the opportunity to photograph a pair of Wrens, a Robin, and a Dunnock attending their nests.




Just before I left I heard a Redpoll flying over, a somewhat late record.

2 comments: