Friday 30 October 2015

Friday October 30

A cloudy morning with periods of light drizzle. Very mild with a light southerly breeze.

I chose to walk along the road from Netherstead to Church Farm, hoping to find something exciting like a Black Redstart on one of the buildings. As usual the plan failed, and the best I could muster was a Grey Wagtail and two Mistle Thrushes.

Cutting down to the pool and flash field, the searching produced a Stonechat, 57 Snipe, two Green Sandpipers and 29 Teal. Then the rain really pepped up and I got absolutely soaked walking back.

Ironically, as I made my soggy way across the strip field I flushed the only decent bird of the day, a Jack Snipe.

I ended by driving to the south end, where 167 Linnets on the wires were frequently disturbed by nearby gunfire.

What a wash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment