Friday 10 July 2015

Friday July 10

A largely sunny morning. I have to say there was very little to report. The highlight was a Hobby seen a few times as it hunted dragonflies over the main pool.

Other than that there was a pair of Teal on the furthest flash and 30 Lapwings on the nearest. No Green Sandpipers!

I was concentrating on finding and sketching Kestrels. They are the ideal subject as they sit about and let you get on with it.


I should, of course, be on my way to Stoke to see the Red-footed Falcon, which would be a terrific West Mids tick. However, Stoke seems a really long way, and I had a few things planned this afternoon, so I doubt I will go.

The only other bird of note today, was a Little Grebe on the only deepish pool, behind the flash field.

No comments:

Post a Comment