Thursday 4 June 2015

Thursday June 4

After a lovely sunny day I suggested to Lyn we pay a late evening visit to the patch to try o see a Barn Owl. She readily agreed and within 15 minutes we were sitting by the reed bed by Netherstead Farm failing to see any Barn Owls.

However, it wasn't boring. The Pied Wagtail roost I saw last summer has reformed, although curiously all the birds I saw were adults. Difficult to judge numbers, but maybe a dozen birds. I also heard a Reed Warbler singing away, only the second this year.

The sunset wasn't bad either.


2 comments:

  1. Richard what a shame! Still at least it was a lovely evening. I will have to go on Netherstead Barn Owl alert for you, although I haven't seen one here for a week or so. If I'd known I'd have brought you over a couple of glasses of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue

    I'll let you know when we are coming next time.

    ReplyDelete