Monday 7 July 2014

Lost

This morning the realisation dawned that I had lost my mobile phone. The smart money is on my not so smart phone being somewhere in the long grass at Morton Bagot.

So this evening I set off to look for it. I got very wet and eventually gave up.

Still, my camera and bins came with me so I thought it was only right that I checked out the flash. Waders had arrived, not exciting ones, but waders none the less.

The four Green Sandpipers now had two juvenile Little Ringed Plovers and the first Common Snipe of autumn for company.

The LRPs and a Green Sand (proper record shot)
Common Snipe
From the hedgerow by the flashes I could hear the Redstart again, and also saw an unexpected Goldcrest. Moving on to the pool I finally got a shot of the adult Little Grebe on its nest.


Back at the car the reedbed is again attracting roosting Pied Wagtails, 21 this time. Quite a few Swallows and House Martins were swooping around, so they may also be roosting there.

So its off to the shops for me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment