Friday 2 May 2014

Friday May 2

A cloudy, rather cool morning. Another slog around the patch with little to distinguish it from the rest. Too cool for insects so I had to rely on the birds to lift the day.

Three fly-over Sand Martins were the most unexpected of a pretty predictable crop. I attempted a photo, but as they failed rule 1 (not identifiable from the snap as being a Sand Martin, or indeed a bird) I deleted them pretty quickly.

The female Gadwall was still present on the furthest flash, and a Little Owl was visible for the first time this week.


Four other species occurred which I still haven't photographed, but neither the two Reed Warblers, Coal Tit,  Jays, nor Cuckoo even showed themselves so they remained "heard only" records.

So that just left flowers. I have added some more, the ones I managed to identify to my satisfaction, to the flower page of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment