Wednesday 9 April 2014

Wednesday April 9

Does evening birding get duller than this?

Starting at 19.10 I made the mistake of ignoring a couple of singing Chiffchaffs, 20 Yellowhammers, and the Tawny Owl, all of which I could have photographed, in order to reach the "Wheatear field" as I like to call it.

Sadly there were still no Wheatears bouncing around on it. Next stop was the Flashes. By the time I got there the the light was fading fast, and after a quick scan so was my optimism. True, the Green-winged Teal was still present along with 41 of its European counterparts, and three Green Sandpipers. But there wasn't much else.

The light faded and I was left with a stark choice of landscape photos or sheep.

So here are both.

The flashes with quad bike for added interest
A tree (Oak)
Pink woolly jumpers

No comments:

Post a Comment