Wednesday 16 April 2014

Wednesday April 16

A clear, but late, evening's birding began with me determined to take some bird shots, come what may. So just in case there was nothing of interest to see, I began with one of a flock of around 40 Linnets.


At the flashes my worst fears were confirmed as I found eight Teal, three Snipe, a Little Ringed Plover, and two constantly calling Green Sandpipers amongst the obligatory Mallard, Greylag Geese and Lapwings.

The field behind me contained two Wheatears, a male and a female. In case anyone thinks its a doddle to locate and count these birds, I am sharing a spot the bird photograph (with handy caption to help out).


and the "it" that was "here", was this female Wheatear.

Nearly missed it.
Back on the flashes five Pied Wagtails appeared, but no other species of wagtail joined them, and I decided to head home.


No comments:

Post a Comment