Sunday 27 April 2014

Sunday April 27

I wasn't planning to go birding today, but discovered a window of opportunity when I offered to go to Aldi (via the patch) to get supplies.

It was just a quick dash down to the flash and back. On the way down I noticed that the recently erected Owl box was occupied.....by a Stock Dove.


At the Flash I saw that the mud had returned, and so had the Little Ringed Plover. In the distance two Ravens flew around, and then an immature Cormorant flew over.

I headed back to my car, but shortly before I got there five Black-headed Gulls flew over.

One of the five. This one's an adult.
This was fairly unusual for the time of the year, and thus became the most notable species seen.

2 comments:

  1. Two summ plum B.H.Gulls over Lutley this afternoon heading east during the heavy showers. Unusual here as well Rich at this time of year, most BHG well on with breeding and in colonies so no idea where these birds are from or heading to!?. Ahhh the the joy's of patching! No doubt these same movements lost/missed and baffling to the majority of birders. Only shame they were'nt Summ Plumm Little, next time! Craig...

    ReplyDelete