Thursday 3 April 2014

A gentle reminder

The news is not so good today. The Avocets have gone, and the only bird I have heard about is the first Swallow of the summer.

Matt Willmott (English Nature) has the ear of the local landowners, and I'm afraid one of them has been bending it. I'm not sure what has happened, but I have been asked to remind visiting birders to stick to the footpaths.

We enjoy very good relations with the locals, and they have always been very friendly. I suppose the little purple patch of the last few weeks has encouraged more visitors than usual, and although I can honestly say I haven't seen anyone stray from the footpaths, I guess someone must have.

Anyway, stick to the paths please (buy an Ordnance Survey map if you have to), and hopefully there will be no need for any friction to develop.

Good birding

Rich

2 comments:

  1. Hi Richard,
    Might be worth posting this link on your post showing OS map of Morton Bagot - http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=411500&y=264500&z=120&sv=morton+bagot&st=3&tl=Map+of+Morton+Bagot,+Warwickshire+[City/Town/Village]&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf
    (need to zoom in to 1:25000 for field boundaries and footpaths)
    Kind regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. This is probably a great idea. Unfortunately you may have mistaken me for someone who knows what they are doing, blogwise. I won't rule it out, but at the moment publishing links to anything scares me to death.

      Delete