Saturday 31 August 2013

Saturday August 31

I haven't been birding today, but this morning I had an idea ! Gosh.

For many decades before I started writing this blog I kept regular notes of all my birding visits. These were intended as an annual reference for when I submitted records at the end of the year, and now I'm a bit older I am rather fond of them.

So this is probably very self-indulgent but I have created a new page called "Down memory lane" in which I plan to scan pages of particularly interesting (to me at least) diary records.

The first consists of two entries:

My first Midland twitch, 4th January 1980, to see a very rare bird indeed, and
My first ever diary entry, 16th July 1979, just because it is the earliest record of any visit.

I will try to make them interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment