Wednesday 17 July 2013

Flowers

Last weekend I bought yet another flower identification book, this time it was Harrap's Wild Flowers.

As a consequence I had the opportunity to get to the patch this evening to once again tackle my double frustrations, identifying plants and successfully using the macro facility on my camera. In fact the battery in the camera packed up pretty quickly so it was just as well that the birds on offer were pretty much the same as at the weekend, i.e. 10 Green Sandpipers, a few Teal, a Little Owl, and lots of Whitethroats.

Anyway, the first flower to show is this thistle which Mr Harrap and me have decided is a Spear Thistle.


Very common and unsurprising it would seem. Next is another familiar bloom.


The picture seems to have washed out some of the pink stripes, but the soil's quite good! I reckon this is Field Bindweed.

Using the macro lens seems to be a bit hit or miss for me, but I thought the wasps entering our shed would be a suitable challenge.


Blimey, flight identification of European wasps, whatever next.

Some birds would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment