Wednesday 6 February 2013

As bad as it gets

A lousy day overall. I was late for work (stuck on the motorway), then the delivery I was hoping would arrive early failed to show up at all by the time I was on my way home at lunchtime.

I had half a day to take Lyn to the doctors, but surely a bit of birding after we were done would brighten the mood. Forget it. A cold northerly chilled the bones, and I wandered around for an hour seeing nothing more exciting than five Long-tailed Tits.

The tree-planters were working away, and I got barked at by their dogs. Even the normally friendly labrador at Church Farm growled at me.

Birding is supposed to be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Richard,

    Quite productive yesterday with 63 Teal, 4 Wigeon, 91 Lapwing, 1 Jack Snipe, 11 Common Snipe, 24 Skylark and 100+ Linnet.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt

    Not bad at all. I'm pleased to see the Jack Snipe is still there.

    I wimped out last weekend due to the rain and the persistence of a virus I was having trouble shaking off. However, I'm fully recovered and will be out and about tomorrow.

    Cheers

    Rich

    ReplyDelete