Tuesday 24 January 2012

The flash pools


 I thought it was time to post a couple
more shots of the site.

These are the spring-fed flash pools in
a field owned by farmer Steve Green.
English Nature are encouraging him to
leave it damp, and it attracts almost all
the wildfowl recorded.

In the snow last winter it produced
hundreds of Teal, many Snipe, and a
few other species of dabbling ducks.

This winter it has been great for Lapwing
but unfortunately not much else.

It nevertheless remains my best hope for
irregular waterfowl migrants.


2 comments:

  1. Nice! Looks like the cracking bit of 'bird magnet' habitat i wish i had at Lutley! As for 100's of Teal, i can dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Craig I'm pleased to see you are reading my blog. It may take a while for me to fully understand what I am doing. I'll keep in touch.

      Delete